Basketball, Recreation Youth League
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
SPR's Recreation Basketball Program 2021-2022
Registration is now open for SPR Recreation Basketball program for the 2021-2022 season! Divisions this season include the return of Start Smart, PreK-Kinder Coed, and Boys and Girls grades 1-6 divisions.
Please see below for more information about our current plans for the season including division info, a general season overview, eval dates, some practice and game details, and more! Registration deadlines are listed below – register today!
General Program Info
• SPR Staff: Steve Brown, Joseph Paul, and Katherine Sevigney
• Division Info: see below for details on schedules, registration fees, evaluations, locations, and more!
• Masks are required for indoor practices and games for all participants, coaches, staff, and spectators. Parents are required to wear masks during drop-off and pick up. All COVID-19 prevention protocols will be evaluated to follow guidelines at the time of the program.
Grades 1-6 Division Info
• Weeknight Practices for Grades 1-6 divisions start the week of November 29, 2021
• Weeknight practice days: Boys and Girls 1&2 Fridays; Boys 3&4 Thursdays; Girls 3&4 Tuesdays; Boys and Girls 5&6 Mondays. Schedule subject to change based on registrations.
• Games for Grades 1-6 divisions: Saturdays, starting January 15, 2022
• Locations this season include: gyms located at the Saco Community Center, C.K. Burns School, and Saco Middle School
• Registration Fee: $60.00/$65.00 through Thursday, November 18th, 2021 or as space allows
Start Smart and PreK-Kinder Coed Divisions Info
• Start Smart and PreK-Kinder practice on Saturdays, starting January 8, 2022 through February 19, 2022 at the Saco Community Center
• Start Smart for age 4 and age 3 practices 8:30-9:15am (Parent Participation required) - schedule updated 12/14/21
• PreK-Kinder teams will alternate one-hour practices between 9:30am-11:30am on Saturdays
• Registration Fee: $50.00/$55.00 through Friday, December 10th, 2021 or as space allows
SPR Youth Sports Programs rely on volunteer coaches. To start the Recreation Basketball season on time, we need at least one coach in place for every team with additional support provided from other parent helpers. SPR can provide training, support, and practice plans for new coaches. There are options to volunteer as a coach through your child's registration process. Thank you in advance for supporting our programs! If you have additional questions about coaching, please contact Steve Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Forms and Files: