Outdoor Spring Youth Track & Field
SPR is now taking registrations for Spring Youth Track and Field! We are thrilled to bring back this program for the second season in spring 2022! This youth program is a great opportunity for both beginner and intermediate level participants to try events in track and field that they’ve either never experienced or have tried and would like to continue developing their skills!
Registration is open through April 1st or as space allows
New Spring Program!
This program is an extension of the fun indoor track clinic we have offered in the past. In this introductory program athletes will learn the fundamentals of traditional track and field events such as sprints, middle and long distance running, hurdles, softball throw, standing long jump, and no-hand relay.
Throughout the session, athletes will have their times and event progress recorded to show their growth and personal improvement. If conditions permit, we plan to end the season with a final meet.
SPR Spring Outdoor Youth Track and Field Program Info 2022
- SPR Staff: Joseph Paul, Meg Gribbin, Sarah Musgrave, seasonal staff
- Season Dates: Thursdays, April 28-June 9, 2022
- UPDATE Season Dates: To accommodate wait lists, an additional evening of this program has been added on Mondays, April 25-June 6, 2022. The K-2 division is sold out; the Grades 3-5 division has seats remaining (update as of April 1, 2022)
- Division for Grades K-2: 5:15pm - 6:00pm
- Division for Grades 3-5: 6:15pm-7:15pm
- Location: Saco Middle School, Front Field
- Division Max: 20 participants per division – this is a finite max. Minimum of 8 registrations required to hold each division.
- Season Format:
- The month of May will focus on skill development with drills and small intersquad competition.
- We are tentatively planning to end the season with a final meet.
- Season Fee: $45.00/residents; $50.00/non-residents
- Required Equipment: comfortable running shoes
The spring 2022 program for Outdoor Track and Field is now sold out for both divisions. If you are interested in this program, please add your child to the wait list using the activities below; there is no charge to use the wait list. There is no guarantee additional seats will be available, however if we have the opportunity to add participants to the program, we will follow up with those on the wait list in order of when they were added to the list. Thank you!
Additional Forms and Files: