SENIORity 2022- Exercise Classes
Come join us for adult exercise classes! Classes will be modified to abide by all current regulations. Participants must sign up in advance, and group sizes will be limited to 10-15 per class.
Participants will have two registration options:
1) You may purchase the entire session (i.e. Sept/Oct) at a Discounted rate of $4.00/class.
2) You may purchase individual classes at $5.00/class.
Payment for all sessions is due at registration. Account credits for missed classes will not be issued unless it is due to cancellation by SPR (i.e weather, or instructor conflict). Instructor will not be accepting cash or check payments on site, and participants must bring their own equipment!
Yoga Class Descriptions
- Monday & Wednesday: Gentle Yoga 10:30am-11:30am
- The overall pace of these classes will be gentle. Postures and stretches will move slowly allowing for a deeper exploration and awareness, enhancing connection with the mind, body, and spirit. Explore alignment, flexibility and strength. Deep breathing and relaxation techniques will be incorporated to aid in reaping the relaxing and rejuvenating benefits of yoga. Classes open to all levels. Class level depends on the majority of participants.
- Tuesday: Yoga Fusion- Toning & Sculpting 8:30am-9:30am
- These classes will focus on creating and exploring the inner strength of the mind, body and spirit while in the yoga postures. Holding the postures, conscious breathing, and revitalization of the mind, body, and spirit will bring more awareness within while working toward creating balance in daily life. While all yoga seeks to achieve this, this class will focus on more physical strengthening and toning. Experience this unique class while finding fun in toning & sculpting your abs, buttocks, legs, arms, etc.! Class session depends on the majority of participants.
- Tuesday: Chair Yoga 9:45am-10:30am
- Enjoy all the benefits of a yoga class without having to get onto the floor. Chairs will be used to support our practice. Come as you are! No experience necessary.
- Friday: Yoga with Weights 8:30am-9:30am
- Combining the grace of yoga with the mindfulness of body-building adds a whole new dimension to the mind-body connection. It’s a balance of strength, flexibility, breath and alignment, just like a traditional yoga practice. Amazingly, light weights have a profound effect on the body when you come from a place of centeredness, a slow pace, and methodical movements. Please bring 1-3 pound hand-held weights. Come as you are! Any physical ability/fitness is encouraged to attend. No experience required.
Tai Chi Chih
- Tuesdays: 11:00AM-12:00PM & Thursdays: 10:00AM-11:00AM
- The key difference between Tai Chi and Tai Chi Chih is that Tai Chi includes a discourse on martial arts. This class is easy to learn and brings benefits to many, including peace of mind, improved health, and joy.